Fuel pump choice for supercharged 360

-

scottylack

Reaction score
I have a Paxton Supercharged 360... looking for a good fuel pump...any thoughts...
looking at these

Carter M6270 120
Holley 12-360-11 110

help!

bosch 44 with boost referenced regulater, 1/2"supply, 3/8"return.
hope that helps.

Walbro GSL-392 good for 600 boosted EFI HP, Aeromotive boost referenced Regulator. Fuel Pump is $100.00 and it is super quiet. I am running 3 of them on mine.

thought I could just run a mechanical? ...also need an electrical out back?

thought I could just run a mechanical? ...also need an electrical out back?

A super charger will push the fual back the line to the tank. Use Mad Darts' advice for pump and regulator selection. You can run on one and boost refence the other(s) to toggle on when boost starts. The non-running pumps will act as a deadhead and not allow fuel to pass by them.

Aeromotive A1000 and aeromotive boost ref regulator, fuel system is not something I would go cheap on a boosted motor.

Aeromotive A1000 and aeromotive boost ref regulator, fuel system is not something I would go cheap on a boosted motor.

1 Walbro GSL-392 will just about out perform an A-1000 for 5 Times less $$ and a whole lot quieter too!

Here is my set up. 10an from tank Pre Filter to to another Filter under the manifold to 10an in 8an Y to both fuel rails with a 8an return off the Regulator.

All 3 of these running at the same time are quieter than 1, A-1000. Three of these will smoke it big time in the performance department. This set up is good for at least 1400 Boosted EFI Hp.

View attachment phpdFSCtcPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpmyA57TPM-2.jpg

wow... all that for my little Paxton at 7psi boost...wow....

1 will work with your set up like I stated earlier. The Walbro is the least expensive most efficient and quietest fuel pump that will work well for your set up.

The poster was trying to say the Walbro is a Cheap set up is why I gave all the information. This was not intended for you at all.

so you are saying I need an electric pump to bring the fuel up for the mechanical pump....right? Do I need to boost reference the mechanical pump as well?

If you have 7 psi of boost and 7 psi of fuel there will be zero psi of fuel at your carb, unless you are running a boost ref system.

ok...the best choice for an electrical fuel pump and boost referenced regulator? Paxton SC 360 Demon 850, Comp High Energy Cam....running about 500hp

thanks

i ran a a-1000 in my dart with a -12 feed to the pump, -10 from the pump to the boost ref reg., and a -8 return. i never had ANY problems. my ride was making 935rwhp on pump gas... do not cheep out on a boosted engines fuel system!!!

i ran a a-1000 in my dart with a -12 feed to the pump, -10 from the pump to the boost ref reg., and a -8 return. i never had ANY problems. my ride was making 935rwhp on pump gas... do not cheep out on a boosted engines fuel system!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way but in one of your video's your car was clearly breaking up on the top end. I am almost sure you were running out of fuel pump. Like I stated earlier 1 Walbro GSL-392 will out perform an A-1000 and for alot less $$. Most guys on the Turboforums.com run either the Walbro GSL-392/Multiple set up or a Belt Driven pump when you get up there in the big ponies.

Thing is on the street you can get away with it because there is NOT enough room to keep in it. We are on and off the throttle too much.

-
Back