fuel regulator

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
need to buy a fuel regulator for my 360 anyone know if theres some decently cheap regulators out there that'll work just as good as the 200 dollar ones...ill probably be running a holley black pump with e-85 and a 800 carb

Not only is it easier on the pump, your fuel temp will be lower which makes for denser fuel charge.

thank for the info...u ever heard anything on the mallory bypass regulators (Mallory 4305M) or Mallory 4307M are they the same thing as Aeromotive ones

I don't know much about the Mallory. I'm sure they'll work about the same. You could look up the spec sheets and compare the two.

Instead of running the cheap noisy as a freakin chain saw black pump that needs a regulator why don't you buy a good georotor style pump that doesn't need one? Is the black pump even rated for use with ethanol? I'm running the Holley HP125 that doesn't need a regulator and is quiet as a church mouse and by the time you buy the cheap black pump and figure in $90 or more for a decent regulator and another $30-40 for more fittings and a return line to plumb it your right at the price of the much better/quieter HP125 pump that is rated for use with ethanol. JMHO

im not familar with the hp 125 does it have a built in regulator or only run 7psi...all i know is the black pump runs 120 gph at 7 nd the hp 125 runs 110 at 7 but proly alot more quiet, and yes the black is alchol capable. i understand what your saying but i proly wont be able to hear the pump over the motor to be fair either way im gonna look into it, thanks

Yeah it has a built in regulator that's preset at 7 psi. I didn't see you mention it was a race car but it sounds like it is if it's going to be that loud. If that's the case the noisy pump wouldn't be a issue. I just checked Summit and see the black pump sells for $165 and the HP125 for $200 so for an extra $35 you get a built in regulator that'll save you money buying a regulator and plumbing supplies and the time plumbing it, but you sacrifice some fuel volume. I guess it comes down to whether or not you need the extra fuel volume.

ha ya its not gonna be quite a race car but street/strip more like, but chances r ill run open headers or a louder muffler...nd the pump i was looking at was called a Big Lable made by holley basically a 100 dollor holley black, but now that you turned me to the hp 125 im thinkin bout usein it. i dont think 10gph is gonna hurt me that much hopefully the pump keeps up with the ethonal.

It'd surprise me if it wouldn't keep up. I know of 2 guys running pretty stout strokers on E-85 with a comparable pump and they do fine. One's car is well into the 10's so it's pretty beefy and to start with he just ran a Holley mechanical street pump rated at 110 gph and never ran short on fuel. Just the same you might want to check with Holley to see what they think.

-
Back