Fuel return line

-

Kevo

Reaction score
Hey FABO, I just bought a fuel cell with all the plumbing from summit for my 1968 dodge dart. The fuel regulator they gave me is a non-return style regulator, and the kit came with an electric fuel pump, my question is should I get a return style regulator for my set up?

If you want a fuel return, yes.

Hey FABO, I just bought a fuel cell with all the plumbing from summit for my 1968 dodge dart. The fuel regulator they gave me is a non-return style regulator, and the kit came with an electric fuel pump, my question is should I get a return style regulator for my set up?

it depends on your setup and what you want to do. you didnt give any info on your setup.

I got a 318 with a 4bbl carb, I live in Texas so I was worried about the heat causing vapor lock.

Those fuel return filters are ok, but I like having the return as close to or even after the carburetor in the system. It just seems like including the carburetor in the return system would help keep cool fuel at the carburetor. I might be wrong about that, but it's how I prefer it nonetheless.

no worry with vapor lock on a electric pump. but the return type system will help extend the life of the pump by helping keep it cool and have more consistent fuel pressure.

to help keep the fuel line away from hot items like the exhuast and where ever it passes close wrap it with a protect insulation like a product called fire sleeve i think is the name for it and its orange in color. or a product from DEI. or a material used for header wrap

-
Back