fuel sending unit advice

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
can someone point me in the right direction in looking for a fuel sending unit 1/2 inch fuel pickup and a 3/8 return for a 70 duster. I was going to soldier a return in my own but it is stainless steel it dosent soldier well

Ive not seen a 1/2 unit. I recently stepped up to a 3/8 fd 1/4 return from a single 5/16th feed unit. cut the 5/16th off the old and welded it onto the new in place of the 1/4 return giving me a 3/8 feed with a 5/15th return. But that didnt work out so well. The sending unit is so thin It warped the top enough to where it wouldnt seal. It also got the rubber seal for the fuel level sensor wire to hot and it caused a leak there as well. I got so mad and frustrated trying to seal it up I just went out and bought a sumped fuel cell with 1/2 exits.

can someone point me in the right direction in looking for a fuel sending unit 1/2 inch fuel pickup and a 3/8 return for a 70 duster. I was going to soldier a return in my own but it is stainless steel it dosent soldier well

I haven't seen a 1/2" with a 3/8" return line but there are 1/2" with no return lines available. Could it be the return line is on one of the tank ports?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!pME--2R1q0pBQEb0wbum!~~60_1.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 136
Ive not seen a 1/2 unit. I recently stepped up to a 3/8 fd 1/4 return from a single 5/16th feed unit. cut the 5/16th off the old and welded it onto the new in place of the 1/4 return giving me a 3/8 feed with a 5/15th return. But that didnt work out so well. The sending unit is so thin It warped the top enough to where it wouldnt seal. It also got the rubber seal for the fuel level sensor wire to hot and it caused a leak there as well. I got so mad and frustrated trying to seal it up I just went out and bought a sumped fuel cell with 1/2 exits.
I hear ya done almost the same thing
I haven't seen a 1/2" with a 3/8" return line but there are 1/2" with no return lines available. Could it be the return line is on one of the tank ports?
thanks bill I found one 1/2 with a 1/4 return its not 3/8 but its better than nothing im trying to find a place who will mod one for me but it don't look good.

-
Back