Fuel system issues

-
REALLY,,,,That pump got me six records last year with a Holley 600.Best was only a 11.43 at over 115mph.ALL MOTOR.On a higher hp slant.IT IS NOT THE PUMP.Its too much gear for his combo.PERIOD.Guzzi Mark

Hmmm,problem started with gear change,couldnt possibly bee that cause that was all he changed????I am very new to this raceing stuff butt I got kinda commen sense./Guzzi Mark

dude he change everything else, why not put a real pump on his hotrod. with the gear change the motor revs so much faster the pump can't keep up with the demand the engine needs now.

dude he change everything else, why not put a real pump on his hotrod. with the gear change the motor revs so much faster the pump can't keep up with the demand the engine needs now.
I agree. I have watched this thread for a bit now. Why not just set up the fuel system like a race car. I think your fuel line is too small. No offense meant, but my 360 Demon with 4.56 gears, 2.74 first and 380 HP 360 will 60' at 1.52 and runs 7.32 @ 92 MPH in the 8th. 1/4 will run it 11.64 @ 114. Now I'm sure my fuel needs are more than your six's. What I'm running is a 1/2 line from pump to regulator with 3/8 return back to cell. With Mallory 140 pump I have no fuel issues at all. I would up your line size and add a return if you don't have one already. If you set yours up like its a V8 that should be the end of it. My regulator is set at 9 PSI. My Holley floats are set at the bottom of the sight hole. No fuel, will come out of the bowls unless I bump the car. I hope this helps you.

I don't remember if you mentioned which carb you have. But when I was running a Carter AFB, I also had to increase the float inlet needle orifice size about 3 higher to allow gas back in fast enough that the motor wouldn't drain the bowls down. If you have an in car fuel pressure guage, check it at the end of track as you go through the lights, if it is as high as when its idling, your fuel pump delivery should be adequate and your issue may be elsewhere. Good luck.
If you're ever at Firebird look me up, I have the primer grey Demon.
Chuck.

what about location of the pump there made to push not pull, place behind the tank below the outlet use gravity in your favor.

I don't remember if you mentioned which carb you have. But when I was running a Carter AFB, I also had to increase the float inlet needle orifice size about 3 higher to allow gas back in fast enough that the motor wouldn't drain the bowls down. If you have an in car fuel pressure guage, check it at the end of track as you go through the lights, if it is as high as when its idling, your fuel pump delivery should be adequate and your issue may be elsewhere. Good luck.
If you're ever at Firebird look me up, I have the primer grey Demon.
Chuck.

i think i saw you at speedworld last year... but im running a 600 DP holley with a .110 needle and seat on both bowls... 3/8" line is plenty for this thing lol...

what about location of the pump there made to push not pull, place behind the tank below the outlet use gravity in your favor.

it is below the tank but is maybe to far... my boss always mounts them there and has never had an issue, and thats on SS hemi car clones....

-
Back