fuel system

-

72demon440

Reaction score
I am ready to buy parts for my fuel system. I have heard the holly black pump as being a good one but then again some of you have said it only lasted a short time. could it be because of mounting location. I also wanted to use 1/2" flexable hose to run for fuel line. I think it is a newer type of hose rather than the steel braided type. Just wondering what you thought. I installed a fuel cell with #8 fittings and it will be feeding a 440. any help would be good! thanks ,Jared

I would rather use the aluminum tubing. I can make some nice sharp bends to run it where I want to. Thats just my opinion. You can run either 3/8" or 1/2" depending on how much Horsepower you have. I run 3/8", and it does pretty good for me to run 12.01@112mph down the track.

carlisle Scamp2.JPG

The car had aluminum tubing when I got it and it was kinked and all messed up! Was looking for an alternative.

The Holley black pump should be fine,i've been running one for 3 seasons on my street/strip duster feeding both my 416 and 360,i too would go with either aluminum or steel fuel line,i run 3/8" on my car...

That will probably be cheaper also. just don't want to use hose clamps. want it to look nice and professional.

You can get compression ends for the aluminum from Russel, that give it a completed AN look.
The black or blue push type hose is NHRA approved until you reach stoopid fast speeds. It is called Twist-Lok from Russel, or Socketless from Aeroquip.
I think Earls has it too.
The only think you need to be careful of is this hoses uses its own hose ends.

I won't go back to the braided after the ease of use of the push type. My hands hate the braided hose.

the push lock type were the fittings I was possibly looking at. Yes, I forgot about compression fittings also. thanks for the help! Jared

-
Back