Fuel tank fit

-

60jerry

Reaction score
I have a 1963 Dart wagon. I want to replace the fuel tank and wonder if wagon tanks are different from sedan/hardtop. I’ve seen some eBay listings that state not for wagons.m Online pics sure do look like my wagon tank. Anybody know about this?

Jerry in Denver

Fuel tanks are the same fuel filler necks are not. Filler neck grommet changed it 64 I believe but the later tank w/grommet will work.

Brian

Last edited:
I used a standard tank in my 64 wagon and it fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Fuel tanks are the same for wagons and sedans/coupes from '62-'66 in Darts, Lancers, and Valiants as others have posted. '60 Valiant wagon tanks are unique.

Fuel tanks are the same for wagons and sedans/coupes from '62-'66 in Darts, Lancers, and Valiants as others have posted. '60 Valiant wagon tanks are unique.
‘60-‘62 a bodies were pretty unique to look at.

Thanks, I’m happy to hear that the tank I ordered will fit.

Fuel tanks are the same for wagons and sedans/coupes from '62-'66 in Darts, Lancers, and Valiants

The '62 A-body tank is very different from the '63 tank, which has minor differences from the '64-'66 tank.

There have been threads about putting (available) '63 or '64-'66 tanks in place of (unavailable) '62 or (really unavailable) '60-'61 tanks.

'60 Valiant wagon tanks are unique

The factory parts cattledogs show a unique part number for each of the following:

• '60 Valiant (except wagon)
• '60 Valiant (wagon)
• '61 Valiant-Lancer (except wagon)
• '61 Valiant-Lancer (wagon)
• '62 Valiant-Lancer (all models)
• '63 Dart-Valiant (all models)
• '64, '65, '66 Dart-Valiant-Barracuda (all models)

And even at this late date, the aftermarket still services the '63 tank (Spectra CR11F) as a different item from the '64-'66 tank (CR11A).

The '62 A-body tank is very different from the '63 tank, which has minor differences from the '64-'66 tank.

There have been threads about putting (available) '63 or '64-'66 tanks in place of (unavailable) '62 or (really unavailable) '60-'61 tanks.

The factory parts cattledogs show a unique part number for each of the following:

• '60 Valiant (except wagon)
• '60 Valiant (wagon)
• '61 Valiant-Lancer (except wagon)
• '61 Valiant-Lancer (wagon)
• '62 Valiant-Lancer (all models)
• '63 Dart-Valiant (all models)
• '64, '65, '66 Dart-Valiant-Barracuda (all models)

And even at this late date, the aftermarket still services the '63 tank (Spectra CR11F) as a different item from the '64-'66 tank (CR11A).
Hi Dan,
Looks like I’ll find out what’s different about the ‘63 tank from ‘64-‘66. Ordered one and look forward to its arrival next week. I’m hoping that the difference isn’t too bad.
Jerry in Denver

Thanks to Slant6Dan for clarifying. My post was poorly written. What I meant was that in any given, specific year, with the exception of '60 (and '61 per his research) coupe/sedan car and wagon tanks are the same and interchangeable. And as other posters have noted there are groupings of years where they are all the same, regardless or body style or year, like '64-'66.

-
Back