Fuel Tank Sender

-

dodgedart1968

Reaction score
1968 Dodge Dart 225

I noticed that there is a metal jumper which is disconnected from my fuel line. Just to be certain, I assume that this provides a ground for my fuel tank sender, and that I should reground it to the fuel pipe.

20220328_120823.jpg

Yes.

IMHO that strap is a poor ground path for the reason you see. It can come off, and the repo ones are not made of a spring steel.

Clean up the surfaces and re-attach.

If the strap will not stay on the tube you could use a zip tie or band type hose clamp.

BTW that hose looks like an original.

I hate to say change it out because "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but it looks like if you touch it it will crumble. Maybe just the photo.

Yes.

IMHO that strap is a poor ground path for the reason you see. It can come off, and the repo ones are not made of a spring steel.

Clean up the surfaces and re-attach.

If the strap will not stay on the tube you could use a zip tie or band type hose clamp.

BTW that hose looks like an original.

I hate to say change it out because "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but it looks like if you touch it it will crumble. Maybe just the photo.

I'll put it back on as you suggest. I plan to clean it and ensure a secure attachment.

I had the same thought about the hose. I'll replace it.

Thanks so much for your prompt response and assistance.

-
Back