Fuel tank

-

Petrilloa

Reaction score
Just another shoutout for the whereabouts of a 62 valiant/ lancer fuel tank in good plus condition. Or perhaps links of those who restore existing tanks. Mine is pretty much shot

I installed a new replacement gas tank for a '64 Valiant in my '62 Valiant Signet. It fit well and gave me 18 gallon capacity instead of 14. I have bought these tanks from both Rock Auto and JC Whitney in the past year for anywhere from $90 to $128. The prices seem to fluctuate a lot on the tanks. That's cheaper than getting your old tank cleaned and sealed.

Thanks. I was surprised to hear this but will check it out. How did the 64 tank line up with the trunk filler neck access? How about the sending unit connections? Did you need to modify anything?

There's a gentleman on the Plymouth Valiant Fans facebook page that did the same with the genII Valiant tank, but he said he had to modify the filler neck and was able to find a sending unit that worked really well. Not sure if you're on fb but maybe worth a look for you.

I can tell you the filler neck is smaller on the 62. I would say, just a simple cut, weld and splice would make it all work there. the sending unit is entirely a different shape. it mounts from the side therefore way different than the other units. I've seen the repop sender on feebay for a totally stupid price. I spent a hour cleaning out my pickup tube. will not worry about the sender.
I too have been told the 64 tank will fit. I have a 64 dart that will get a new tank this spring and then I will be able to give my results. ( send me the $$$ and I will try it now! LOL)......

Located a tank out of a salvage yard with stock numbers, cleaned, serviced, tested , and painted, and shipped. Just waiting

-
Back