Fueling the big 4 4 O

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I’m at the point of figuring out what to do with this fuel delivery system. For my 440. Combo should fall between 500-600 hp.
I’m debating between a Fitech EFI, Holley Sniper/Stealth EFI or just going old school carb, in the 800-850 range. I know there’s a lot of varied opinions on FI vs carb so I’m mainly interested in what major issues Fitech or Holley Sniper FI systems caused and how they worked with the Mopar Ignition system.

Did you go back to carb?
Yep, 2 of them!

1978E058-730C-4827-94C0-DFAAAD1FCBB9.jpeg

If you go with the sniper, it works best with the sniper ignition system
Thanks! All that combined definitely puts it towards not being in the cards. Guess I’ll stick with carb for now! Thanks

Thanks! All that combined definitely puts it towards not being in the cards. Guess I’ll stick with carb for now! Thanks

There’s no substitute for the seat of the pants feel of a well tuned carb FI is probably easier to tune and probably starts easier and no doubt makes good power. Mainly depends on the wallet I guess.

Last edited:
I've got the Fitech six barrel on my scamp and what I've found is that you need to do a really good install and not slap it together quickly that's where I think guys get into trouble. I spent two weeks reading all of the directions and learning the basics of fuel injection before installing mine and have had no trouble since, and Fitech recommends running a heat crossover block off plate between the heads and intake manifold, the throttle body doesn't care about heat the base. I have MSD ignition now but at first I had a stock dizzy with a revinator ignition box and it ran fine.

20201006_130729.jpg
20210306_092702.jpg

-
Back