Full automatic race valve body??

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
In my sleeper project I'm going to keep with the column shift. What I don't want to happen with the 727 is the thing shifting out too soon and not getting into the power band. Seeing that this is my first Mopar build, and I'm familiar with Fords, what are my options to not shift this trans via the column shifter, to see if it will hold the shifts out high enough by itself?

I remember an article in mopar musle that they changed the springs behind the 1-2 and the 2-3 valve and were able to have a 6500 rpm auto shift point.

Any good trans guy will be able to play with the governor to tailor your upshifts where you want them.

Don't know what rpm your wanting it to shift at but like DusterDon said the governor is the easiest to tailor. Mopar parts used to sell a governor weight/spring package for specific rpm. Not sure if they still do since I haven't looked in a couple yrs. but it's worth a shot looking on Mancini's site to see if they're still listed. You can also change out the 1-2 and 2-3 springs in the valve body to get the same result but it seems to be a trial and error way to do it. If you install a Trans-go TF2 shift improver kit it will come with some springs for the valve body to make the shift RPM more consistant but it don't raise the rpm. Some TF's shift consistant from the factory and some don't so the TF2 kit is a valuable aid for consistancy. Along with it and the governor weight/spring package you can expect it to be real close to the governor package rating.

A&A transmissions have what you need. They have govaners for 6500 rpms and up as well as hard shifting auto valve bodies.

-
Back