fumes?????

-

lightweight

Reaction score
I've been driveing my car around town a bit, it's not totally done but fun to cruise anyway. My car does'nt have the rubber seal kit in it yet but does have the hood cowl seal, when I drive the car it smells like gas. I ran my exhaust all the way to the back hopeing this would solve the problem, but it did'nt. It does have a hemi hood scoop on it could it be the gas fumes from carb coming back in to the cab? Has anyone else got this problem with a hemi scoop? I was thinking maybe carb is getting to much gas but it seems to run fine and the plugs look good. The carb is a 680 quick fuel new. On a 318 with a stroke kit in it, in a 68 dart.

You have a leak somewhere. Check carefully everything from the carb to the fuel tank. The hood scoop needs to be sealed to the carb. If not, it will blow air back. Do you have anything in the firewall that is not sealed? The doors have a piece to seal the inside of the door to the engine and wheel wells. My problem was my poly fuel cell that allows fumes to escape with no leaks. A metal fuel cell cured the problem. After careful examination, it usually comes down to something simple.

-
Back