Fun collection and story.

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Soo.... where the heck does time go ?
I was recently moving some old boxes that I have moved around for quite a few years with really no clue what I had stuck in them years and years ago.
So I actually opened one up. I laughed to myself when I found my old bottle cap collection. Yep.... 32 years ago I was into collecting bottle caps. I had aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on collecting them for me. Why ? well because my brothers and I used them on the carpet to outline a city (streets, houses, etc..) for our hot wheels. We would take the whole living room over with a hot wheel city all outllined out with the bottle caps. Yeah.... there is a lot of them...
Just for fun back then... now... I found myself going through them and thinking... dang these are 32 years old ! Most in great if not perfect condition.
Lots of beer caps. Some include beers that are no longer even. Lots of soda caps and etc..
Some of them in the collection are:
Beer : Michelobe Light, Coors original, Coors light, lots of Ranier, Lowenbrau, Olympia, Bud, Budweiser, Gold Light, etc..... the list is large.
Sodas : Coke, pepsi, Mountain dew, Hires, A&W..... etc...
Some of the beer caps have puzzles to figure out the words via pictures under the caps. I have almost complet sets of the old COKE game where you had to spell out COKE THE REAL THING. One letter was the hard one to get.... We actually had it and didnt know it was the right letter until one day we got the one we "thought" was the hard one to get. WE WON !!! ..... er.... no....I had accidently dumped the "coke" container that held the caps and lost 3 of them in the trash can below (I think) and one of the letters was the one we needed. Dad was digging in the trash cans and tempting to go to the trash site and dig.... lol.... I dont remember the winnings.... maybe 100 Grand ? Either way.. it was proven we had it because many people knew the letters I had.... oh well... I am sure we would have done something stupid with the money anyways...
Well it was fun watching my 8 and 11 year old girls dig through the bottle caps and realize I was their age when I was collecting them.
Then again.... it makes one feel real old.
As for the caps..... The will stay... cant get rid of them now.... they are like family.

-RPM

cool, at least bottle caps are small. When I was younger I collected frisbees. Had over 350 different ones. Had the walls in the kids play room covered with them. After the kids grew up got tired of moving them tag saled some and gave bunches away to kids. Still have a few special ones. Have one from hawaii, one from germany, couple that light up and one that makes electronic sounds when you throw it.

-
Back