Fun racing

-

dartindanno

Reaction score
Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove, WI. Come on out for some fun racing on May 29th.

racing.png

No more “Olympics Of Drag Racing” ??? Back in the 80’s we used to camp out, drink a lot of beer, and “shower with a friend” which was always welcome! :lol:

70 Dart 360 stock bottom end, Trick Flow heads, Bullet cam 251/[email protected] WITH .623 LIFT on a 106 LSA, Mancini 1.6 rockers, Trick Flow track heat single plane intake, Ultimate 5200 stall with Cope Racing 904 trans reverse manual and 3:91 gears running Mickey Thompson Pro Bracket 26/10.0R15 Radials. New combination so no track times yet...

Your tag line. I'm hoping you get to run some time with this Frankenstein rig. I'm thinking there may be some additional glory to be found in a set of 4.30 to 4.56 gears, but that's a very interesting combination on a stock 360 (I'm assuming dish type piston) bottom end. What's your compression ratio?

Compression was right around 11.1. I got 1 full pass ran 11.9 left at idle and shifted at 6 grand just taking it easy. Second run left at 2500, spun and then spun into second gear when a freeze plug blew out. Put me in the wall and wrecked the car pretty bad.
crash.jpg

Compression was right around 11.1. I got 1 full pass ran 11.9 left at idle and shifted at 6 grand just taking it easy. Second run left at 2500, spun and then spun into second gear when a freeze plug blew out. Put me in the wall and wrecked the car pretty bad.
View attachment 1715902985
That's just a sad sight, glad you're okay though.

I used to go to Wisconsin for a month every summer, man is it humid. Dallas & ridgeland

My car won’t be ready this year. Can I run my Ram truck? It’s probably faster than the 77 Aspen I used to have

This event you can "run what you brung". There will be new Challengers and Mustangs and everything in between. It's the first event organized by my friend Chuck but I guarantee it'll be a good time

-
Back