Fun weekend with the Hemi Cars **VIDEO**

-
Yep my actual father-in-law is a farmer as well 1970 La (I grew up farming as well). He doesn't care anything about cars at all but my wife's step father obviously has a passion for them. I feel very fortunate because all my in-laws are really great people. I never thought I would have had the opportunity to drive someone else's cars of this caliber either. I've already told my wife that if she kicks me to the curb, there might be a line of guys on this forum ready to fill my spot! She got a chuckle out of it.

Mike now knows that an A Body Hemi car is one of my dream cars. After he bought this Barracuda, I said "Mike, do you know that this is LITERALLY one of my dream cars? And you go out and buy my dream car (as I shake my head)." And of course he chuckles about it. Well apparently he took that to heart and informed me over last weekend that he is going to have a legal document written up that if anything does happen to him, if his collection is ever sold, I will have first rights to buy the Barracuda at the purchase amount he lists in the document. I don't know what that amount is other than he said it would be significantly less than what someone else would be able to purchase it for because he knows that I couldn't even come close to paying the real value of it and he said that he knows that I will take good care of it and give it a good home. I really didn't even know what to say but thank you. How can a guy really ask for better in-laws than that? I feel pretty fortunate as I have heard some not so great things about other poeple's in-laws.

Glad you guys enjoyed the video! I damned sure enjoyed making it!

I got a kick outta watching the driver side mirror when you got into the gas, like at 2:20. Mine isn't worth much either.

Yeah I don't know what happened to that mirror. Mike said don't worry about it so it sat there and flopped about the whole time.

I love the color on the fish and have considered painting mine that color (Roll Tide!). But it will never be as nice and smooth so it will instaed get the stock WW1 white. You are very lucky indeed to be able to take that thing out and enjoy it. I don't think Mopar Grandpaw even took it to a track except to show it cause when I asked him how it runs he said it won't get on a track. The car is made to burn rubber and fuel, just like a hybrid rocket. Just don't wreck it.

I love the color on the fish and have considered painting mine that color (Roll Tide!). But it will never be as nice and smooth so it will instaed get the stock WW1 white. You are very lucky indeed to be able to take that thing out and enjoy it. I don't think Mopar Grandpaw even took it to a track except to show it cause when I asked him how it runs he said it won't get on a track. The car is made to burn rubber and fuel, just like a hybrid rocket. Just don't wreck it.

Yes it's a gorgeous color. It's very similar in color to my Dart but it's richer, deeper, and overall a MUCH better paint job. Mike will never take this car to the track. He obviously has another car to do that with and does not like to take nice cars like this one to the track anyhow. I doubt I would ever take it either. Like you said, it's made to burn rubber and fuel and look good while doing it.

Mike has one other Hemi car that I would like to get a video of at some point. Maybe next time I visit I'll see if he'll get it out. It is a bad sumbich. I've driven it once and I could barely handle it. If you put the foot down, get ready because it squirms all over the road. That and it's a column shift with a manual valve body. It's awkward as can be IMO.

-
Back