fun with alzheimers

-
My mother lasted about 5 years after being diagnosed although i think she had it much longer
I programmed a digital photo frame with all her family old & new even though she couldn't remember who we were she would look at the pictures & call out her families names same with music a lot tend to remember their favourite music
The strange thing was she had been in a full coma for 3 weeks before she passed right before her eyes opened & she called her sisters name out BUB we called her
it was good because it gave her sister & the family closure
My Dad did the same thing but it was MOM!

My aunt was NOT diagnosed with dementia but was dying. She said... What is that little **** doing here? Ha that's what she called her little brother who had passed before her. Who by the way is what my Father had called me during his sickness. They were tight. My Dad was the baby of 12

My mom and dad both succumbed to the disease. Strange thing is when we would wheel them into church service at the nursing home and when they didn’t know me or say any at all, as soon as they started singing hymns, they would both join in and sing every word. Which I learned that music is the last thing to leave Alzheimer’s patients.

My mom and dad both succumbed to the disease. Strange thing is when we would wheel them into church service at the nursing home and when they didn’t know me or say any at all, as soon as they started singing hymns, they would both join in and sing every word. Which I learned that music is the last thing to leave Alzheimer’s patients.
Brings to mind Glen Campbell

-
Back