Fusebox Question (65 Barracuda)

-

55Redneck

Reaction score
I just finished getting my dash painted and back together but before I put it in the car I'd like to put the fusebox and harness back in to make life easier. Being that this is my first Mopar I'm not exactly sure where it goes because I didn't take the car apart. I'm assuming it should be somewhere on the drivers side like the GM's I've had in the past but I can't really see an obvious place where it goes. Thanks for any guidence on this one and if anyone has a pic that would be even better.8)

Regards
Red

There should be a tab on the left side of the steering column along the bottom of the dash with a 1/4" hole in it, the box goes on top of it with the fuses facing the floor.

Thanks for the quick reply Blownfish. 8) I'm heading out to the shop right now to start putting it back in.

P.S. I love your car. It's the coolest looking early Cuda I've ever seen. Outstanding job on it guy.:thumleft:

Dash is in and I'll do the fusebox later thanks to your info Blownfish. Even though it's not parts related you got my good guy alert. It felt so great sitting in my 65 with the seats in and the B&M shifter I installed last week and actually seeing a dashboard while making engine noises when sitting behind the wheel. Thank you very much.8)

One more question here because wiring is not my strong suit. What the hell is this and where does it go?

26610_1408348177407_1493523654_1110910_3421331_n.jpg

Bulkhead connector........
It clips into the square hole in firewall that is the same size.......

Thanks for the quick answer 65BCODA. I suppose I could have figured that one out on my own once I crawled under the dash but I'm getting old and am not looking forward to laying on my back to hook all this stuff back up. It ain't putting itself back together though so back out to the shop I go.

Thanks again.

Luckly it can only go in one way. It install from the inside of the cab. I need to finifh pulling mine out. Maybe Sunday I can.

You might want to clean up the terminals on that bulkhead disconnect, you're just asking for electrical trouble otherwise.

I've haven't got around to putting it in yet (honey-do's) but it will all be cleaned up well before it goes in the car. ;)

Thanks everyone.8)

-
Back