Fuzzy things

-

salami340

Reaction score
OK i have another question now. Does anyone know what the fuzzy things are called that are bolted to that metal piece underneath the upper door panel on a duster. They keep the window from rattling. There are also two on each side near the top of the door bolted behind the door panel. I need to know what the technical name is so I can do a search... otherwise if anyone knows where to find them please let me know.

I reassembled my doors recently. I think you're talking about the window up-stops (brackets with flock covered rubber pads). I haven't seen reproductions for a-bodies in my travels. It's probably easier to get what you need from donor doors.

I think you are talking about the (window Sealing Strips) You can get them from YearOne or the Paddock. I think you can get all the weatherstriping you need from ether of them.

If he's talking about belt weatherstrips (which is what I thought at first too till I re-read his message), they don't bolt on - they clip on. The upstops also help prevent the windows from rattling.

If he's indeed looking for belt weatherstrip (which is what they're technically called because they are at about the "belt line" of the car), or aka: window felts, then I suggest he contact Restoration Specialties who sells them under their "Top Catwhiskers" name. They most likely supply Year One and Paddock anyway.

I installed a set (inner and outers) recently and they look just like the originals, fit perfectly, and look great.

www.restorationspecialties.com

OK i have another question now. Does anyone know what the fuzzy things are called that are bolted to that metal piece underneath the upper door panel on a duster. They keep the window from rattling. There are also two on each side near the top of the door bolted behind the door panel. I need to know what the technical name is so I can do a search... otherwise if anyone knows where to find them please let me know.

usually when i get a new parts car there are alot of fuzzy things in the doors, in the trunk, under the hood. The technical name for them is usually either squirel or racoon

usually when i get a new parts car there are alot of fuzzy things in the doors, in the trunk, under the hood. The technical name for them is usually either squirel or racoon

ah yes not to be confused with the smaller ones in the rear seats and a/c vents "mice"

:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Salami, Those are a pain to find, I've run across them as well but never thought to make a note of where. And yes, the first step is finding the correct name as parts counters and even resto places have a hard time locating the right thing-a-ma-jig even though they have boxes full of them.

Yeah 70Duster440 has it right, they attach to brackets. There are four of them... two on top on each side and two near the top that poke through to stabilize the window. I shoulda scavenged them from my brothers 73 dart before he sold it. Oh well i'll just have to keep an eye out.

-
Back