FWD aftermarket wheel for Duster?

-

02sixxer

Reaction score
Would these FWD wheels work for a 74 Duster? They would be just for crusing, not racing.
Sorry for such a stupid question, but when it comes to FWD vs RWD wheels I am lost. I know a few people who have FWD wheel on RWD cars but I dont know what all goes into propper fit.
3n33pf3o35P55X05S4abm0aef4be96fdf1924.jpg

The bolt pattern appears exactly 5x4.5" so that works, but wheels are very complicated.

You have 1/2" bolts (think) and the wheel's holes are a metric size (12 mm?). Probably works, but check.

Measure your hub diameter and insure it will fit in the 73 mmD wheel center hole (2.874"D). It might be loose and still work if the lug nuts center the wheel (lug-centric). There are at least 2 types of lug nuts - cone and straight ("mag"). You might make the wheel sit "hub-centric" by using a plastic "hub ring" (forgot exact name), if the right size exists. Sold new on e-bay.

The biggest issue is the 42 mm offset. Search the web for "wheel sizing". Many sites have figures and tables that explain it (Tire Rack, etc). I forget the positive vs negative. Generally, FWD vehicles have the hub way out and RWD vehicles have recessed hubs which would sink most FWD wheels way inward, bumping into the suspension, decreasing the track width, etc. You can sometimes use wheel spacers, but fairly rare and expensive.

the box said fwd so the offset will be wrong might hit the upper ball joint or in the back tire rub rear spring. i don,t thimk they will fit a rwd car.

-
Back