FWD guys

-

moparclown

Reaction score
A while back I was driving my 93 Daytona Iroc R/T to work one morning got on it as I was starting up a hill and BOOM no more clutch.I pulled it apart the other night and this is what I found,4 puck ceramic disc had actually broke or exploded.I don't drag race it or run huge boost,just 12 pounds of boost.Any ideas on why this would happen?

Attachments

• 000_2560.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 000_2561.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 110
I don't know man....I've bought name brand parts before and had them be bad from new. sometimes you just get a bad part.

Do you do a bunch of big time downshifting?
Not to much but that makes me wonder if it isn't caused by an earlier problem I had?Just before the turbo seal let go last year the car would start to boost up and get to about 8-9 pounds and would just dump off.I did decide against running another ceramic disc and went back to a stock style clutch which I just got back up in the car and got the trans snugged up to the block,what a real pain in the @$$ that job is by yourself in a garage thats about 20 degrees.It will all be worth it when I can take it out for a nice ride,its the one car I have had that when its down so am I(kinda like a ****** addict:toothy10:)
Merry Christmas
Doug

-
Back