G-Y Eagle ST age?

-

NWDave

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a set of 215/70-14, Goodyear Eagle ST tires, to run on stock, 14 x 5.5" Rallye wheels.

I remember seeing these tires quite a bit on cars in the 80's and 90's, but haven't ran across them in years. Anyone have an idea on how old these might be? The guys selling them says they're no more than 5 years old.

Don't remember exactly what model tires they were but I had goodyear eagles on My Cop wheels when I bought them. finally went and got new tires a while back the saleman cringed told Me those tires were 10 years old at least.There's a code on all tires if you know how to read it it will tell you the production date .Hope that helps .I don't skimp on tires they're the only thing between you and the road !:toothy10:

So you should never buy a used car, and drive around with its "used" tires?

These tires were ran on a car for 1000 miles, until the car was wrecked. He bought the car (a 1968 Camaro 6 cyl.) back from the insurance company, and parted it out. Then the tires were taken off the car, and dismounted from the wheels, put in plastic bags, and stored in his shop, out of the sunlight.

The date code on most tires and for Good Year can be found by the "DOT" letters, it's a 10 or 12 digit number, the last 3 or last 4 digits are the date of manufacture.

1998 and older are last 3 digits.
2000 and newer are the last 4 digits.

They are week/yr format.
EX: 3 digit: 236, would be the 23rd week of '96.
4 digit : 1807 would be 18th week of 2007.

Hope this helps.

Giles

-
Back