G3 Hemi Swap group on Facebook.

-
Lol. You guys are awesome. Thanks for joining. I could not believe there was no group for these swaps on fb. Oh well, fixed that.

Thanks to all these folks, the group has taken off quite well. Some nice swaps out there.

Thanks again for joining!

It's awesome! There are a bunch of killer projects being posted.

As of right now, 90 members. Pretty good for only a few days.

If you're interested, come join us.

I'm really happy with the interest so far. 138 members as of now. Not bad. Thanks to all who have joined from here.

I just added another five members to your page...hopefully a couple of them will post up because their builds are under way...

This group is bumpin'! Lots of great folks contributing from lots of places.

Please feel free to join us at the link above.

No Facebook group will ever replace a forum like this, but it helps people get together and find solutions and share info. Several links to this site and others have been posted which helps to bring us all together.

Both my wife and I have sworn off getting involved in facebook, twitter, etc. What's the advantage of having something like this on facebook vs what's already here?

The advantage is LOTS of people are on Facebook that are not on these boards and there are lots of folks in the hemi swap group who have vehicles other than a bodies or b bodies or e bodies. This particular group is for all G3 Hemi swaps no matter what the make. Even if its a Z28. There are lots of things on that group that aren't on any forum. There are also people who are established in the industry who like to hang out there without any pressure to sell stuff or pay to be a sponsor. They can just hang out and talk about what they love to do and talk about.
It's like a garage with a bunch of friends all hanging out and talking about the same basic subject. It's just another outlet and gathering point for like minded individuals. We all know that serious sharing of info on these swaps all started in places like this. I have learned tons thanks to FABO. I have learned from you and most others who post here.

Infact I believe that the group actually enhances FABO and sites like it because there are lots of links posted to threads on this site and others. It will actually draw new fabo members as it progresses. There are guys out there doing these swaps who have never heard of FABO. It's hard to understand how that can be, but it happens.

And to be honest, some guys are just tired of some of the forums and they find the fb group more appealing. More comfortable.

The value of these forums is ultimately quite a bit more substantial. The fb group is organized differently and is kind of a different deal. It just keeps adding up. Where as here you can search and find threads on particular topics.

Plus in the group, there is no one talking smack about g3 hemis and whether or not they are viable or real hemis or too expensive or what ever. It's just a bunch of folks talking about what they like and know about in a different type of atmosphere.

And I understand you about avoiding social media. Some times I wish I was not on them. Then I learn something or see something funny that makes it worth my time. And I have met a lot of guys on the group that I would never have interacted with other wise. It is what it is. If you decide to try it, come check us out. We would love to have ya.

Plus I don't type up novels like this over there. That's a plus.

And remember...joining a fb page or group doesnt mean you have to 'friend' everyone you meet...which means you can maintain a high degree of privacy...

You also dont have to use your own name.

My employment prevents me from actively participating in the 'social' aspects of fb....so I use a pseudonym...those who know me in real life know its me...but casual observers just see my 'alter ego'....no job, education or family details listed.

There are some really cool things happening that page on a daily basis, I hate Facebook because of what some people do with it but its also a way I connect with family.

-
Back