Garage/Shop Floor Paint

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
I'm planning on painting the floor in my garage this spring. I'd like to know what products anyone has used with either success or failure.

Thanks...............Ted

I used Jasco concrete sealer and am pleased with the results. Spills clean up pretty easily and the only thing that affects it is brake fluid. Got to wipe that nasty stuff up pretty quick or it damages the coating. Other than that its got 5 years on it and still works. I dont like the epoxy coatings since hot tire pick up is a big issue with the heat here in the desert. Plus anything that "hard" can chip and flake and I dont want to have to recoat it.

you can use concrete stain and sealer, and with some creativity, you can do designs, wording, etc.

Do a google search for "Budget Bob's Epoxy" I know he sold 100% solids that were amazing. HE was buying surplus military grade and reselling.

I have the link at home if you can't seem to fine it.

Riddler

Don't use Rust O leum, it sucks...

I am looking at the samething was going to go with U coat it but i think i am going to use the kit from home depot they have the 1 part and the 2 part I think i am going 2 part.

I've wanted to do this for years, but it would mean I'd actually have to clean the garage...:bootysha: Oh, and the amount of prep work (don't you need to do an acid wash?) is also a concern.

You can probably have it done by a professional for $2.50 to $3.00 per square foot.

That's what I did on mine.

new305_Small_.jpg

-
Back