Gas flowing free

-
Reaction score
I have a Holley 2 barrel on my 64 dart 270 /6 it just started flooding out when I shut it off gas runs right through it. It will not idle any more.The numbers I can find are
EGR10 and 4478 any ideas "?????????
Thanks Moe

Sounds like you got some junk in you flote seat making it stick open? May have to take it apart and clean it.

Ok, X3 then.
May even take a look at the line between the carb and fuel filter also.
Somtimes a fuel line starts deteriorating and will flake of peices of rubber and that can stick a float valve open.

Stuck float. That happened on my boat once. I had nothing to beat on the carb with, so I removed my compass and used that. It unstuck the float and I eventually got it started. Gas was just pouring down the throat of the carb.

I have a Holley 2 barrel on my 64 dart 270 /6 it just started flooding out when I shut it off gas runs right through it. It will not idle any more.The numbers I can find are
EGR10 and 4478 any ideas "?????????
Thanks Moe
Gas flowing free.

Man your title sure grab my attention as well.
If this happens when you turn it off it may be boiling the fuel and pushing it thru...I held my hand over the fuel filter when I turned it off and since it was not a see thru filter.I could feel it boiling as well of strong smell of gas from the carb.
My 1972 Dart /6 was doing the same thing till I relocated the fuel line away from the front of the motor,which goes with in inches of the exhaust manifold and I routed my over the valve cover with fuel filter right past fuel pump.
Many of us have relocated that line slantsixdan will have a link for ya.
memike and 805moparkid have done theirs as well....
Not to say your carb does not need a rebuild like the other guys are suggesting...Just a thought,it fixed mine.
Martin
TXDart

-
Back