Gas jumps again....

-

unreformed66

redscamp72
Reaction score
I went to work this morning and gas here in southern Ohio was $3.28. I got off work this afternoon and it's now $3.49. Imagine that, just in time for Memorial Day weekend. And they say that it's not artificially manipulated.....

Consider yourself lucky, it's $5 in Canada, at least on the west coast, that's in Cdn dollars but there's virtally no difference in the exchange now. The difference is all tax, I'm more pissed at our government than I am with the oil companies. We are taxed to death here, if you buy a new car for over 32 grand, it has luxury tax on top of provincial tax for a total of 17% tax :wack: The new Challenger would have 10 grand in tax.

Same here, The gas station on the corner near me is $3.49 a gallon for 87 oct. I live near the highway so every gas station close by is $.20 a gallon more then if I drive 5 minutes away. That must be were the term Highway robbery came from.

here on the KY and TN boarder its 3.03 toady. I think I have to get me a Neon. I drive 70miles to work one way. Anyone wanna trade gas bills for a week? I though so, thanks guys.

Yeah Rob, you are taxed to death.. but you get free health care!!! :lol: Taxes here are no joke either, but at least we don't have that luxury tax on cars.

i paid $3.69 a gallon last friday for the crappy 91 octane super unleaded, i miss the 94 octane super. *sigh*

been walking to work to conserve the gas.

Got gas in Sunday at $3.28, but I am sure it won't stay there long. Have even been car pooling with a friend, he drives one week I drive the next. Should save me about $50-$60 a month.

around $3.49 a gallon here too. gotta get to work however, and i live to far away to walk and nobody lives on my way to carpool. oh well, drive i must

I just dont get this gas price fluctuation crap.

6 months ago it was under $2.00

Now its $3.24 (as of yesterday)

I dont believe that the demand is so much higher today, or that the gas companys supply is that much short that they can get away with just charging what ever they want. The gas companys are not hurting for profit.

I have quit driving as much as possible. I live in a small town, and basically if you want to shop, work, go out to eat,,, you have to drive to one of the bigger towns.
But lately, I dont go to (the city) unless I have at least a couple of reasons for the trip.

I still drive the dart when I can, but any kind of driving puts a dent in the limited income I have right now. I'm currently self employed as a Handyman, and if I dont have any work on a given day, then I dont go anywhere that day.

I have noticed a few stations around here in OR. have dropped about $.09. I guess they are saying something to the effect that the prices are up because they had to shut down a few refinerys for maintance, But yet there is still plenty of fuel to go around. they just don't like the idea of losing money while the others are down.

-
Back