Gas pedal issues. Need help...

-

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just installed new carpet and "lost" full throttle due to thickness of jute backing and noise/heat reduction material. Punch it and doesnt kickdown.
Is there an adjustment or will I have to shim the bracket and/or bend the pedal? Any help would be appreciated.

Check for any adjustment on the cable, you did not say if it is a stock cable. You can cut the carpet right under the pedal.

x2 on checking to adjust the cable. If you cut the carpet, check that you don't leave any frays/strings to catch onto the pedal. Or for that matter check either way (floor mats, etc). Don't wanna mash it so hard that it gets stuck!!:burnout:

I put a few shims under my pedal as per Burntorange said to do a ways back,work for me.is your carpet tight to the floor.if you cut some under mating away it will show as a dent in time.

Im gonna try and cut some of the jute padding beneath the pedal and see if I cant get a "snugger" carpet fit close to the trans tunnel. The carpet has the mass backing attached so Im gonna try and heat it up a tad and see if it will conform.
Appreciate all the suggestions- next option would be where the cable attaches @ carb but I think modification will be only option or maybe a Lokar throttle cable???

Pulled back the carpet and cut jute padding and sound insulation out all around gas pedal area. Also made a longer cut along trans tunnel that is hid by console but allows the carpet to be "stretched" more. Gave me more pedal and will kickdown when I put everythng into it. Still only 80-90% but figure as the carpet starts to age and wear Ill be eventually back to full throttle. Pleased with what I have for now and will address again later if I feel Im still missing some throttle. I guess the jute+mass backing+sound deadner+heat insulator was too much... but really quiet inside with NO engine heat!
Thanks to everyone for your concern and advice! DougC

-
Back