Gas pedal swap

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
Anybody use a later (from a 73) A body gas pedal in an early A?

I used a 74 duster peddle on mine and the cable from a 82 Dodge truck

Attachments

• VICTORIA%20ELECTRIC%20SYSTEM%202010%20016.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 167
I have a newer a-body gas pedal, it looks like mikes and was in the 66 Valiant I parted out, it's yours for free, just pay shipping :glasses7:

I have a newer a-body gas pedal, it looks like mikes and was in the 66 Valiant I parted out, it's yours for free, just pay shipping :glasses7:
The one you have must have been a V8 car :cheers:

Attachments

• 1775404102805296043v9ldd8zc.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 151
You have a PM.

Sending you a PM because this is way too long to post. The later pedals mount with 2 studs to the firewall. All you really need to do is remove what you have. There will be a large hole that the linkage passed through. Feed the new cable through this hole and hold the pedal assembly in place while you mark the location of the studs. Drill the appropriate holes and you have a start. The hard part is fabricating a couple of plates for the outside of the firewall and the inside so you can sandwich the firewall to prevent flexing. The foam gasket under the pedal assembly makes a good pattern for this on the inside. The engine side of the firewall has a half moon shaped reinforcement welded on and one of the mounting studs should pass through it. You will need to come up with some sort of shim for the other stud that is the same thickness as the reinforcement plate. I used sheet metal for the inside plate and a couple of thick washers for the one outside. The studs on the pedal were long enough to go through all the metal and have a full nut of engagement.

Cool, thanks for the pics. I'm moving my trans tunnel up a few inches for some much needed extra space and I kinda like the later style as pedals.
I'm good on the pedal, I usually keep 1 spare part of everything.

-
Back