Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Corded powered motor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

69FBCuda

Stand back 10' for your viewing pleasure & Safety
Reaction score
Issue: The Poulan Pro 25cc 2 stroke powerhead refuses to start due to a bad coil, I tore it down as far as possible with the tools I have but the attachment drive head refuses to come off so i can't get to the coil with anything but a big F**kin hammer. Time for a replacement.

Solution: Went to Lowes and Walmart looking for a replacement powerhead for my pole saw/hedge trimmer/weed wacker. Lowes has the Craftsman 25cc 2 stroke powerhead for $189(2yr warr) and it is marked as compatible with the Trimmer plus attachments. Walmart has the Black Max 25cc 2 stroke powerhead for $104(3yr warr) and is compatible with the Hart Powerfit Attachments(walmart). So I decided to take a gamble with the Black Max(walmart), it arrived today and the attachments I already have seem to fit correctly. I will get power to it in the next day or two and update on the functionality.

Side note: Lowes and Walmart are stocked with +80% battery operated yard tools and -20% I.C.E, different brands different batteries. Buy all your equipment from the same manufacturer or buy multiple batteries. Some don't even include the battery.

Closing: I remember when home personal ink printers became popular in the 90's? You buy a printer with the ink cartridges(usually low copy count) and when that runs out you buy the replacement cartilage(s) BUT...... the replacements were often 50% or more the cost of the initial printer purchase. So that got me thinkin how much do replacement tool batteries cost and how long do they last before disposal. Both Lowes and Walmart are a bit short coming in displaying and listing replacement battery prices none the less.

In my opinion I.C.E wins.

Art

1699467741406.png

1699467760355.png

1699467785272.png

In my opinion

20231108_122450.jpg

Last edited:
I try to be compatible, but one brand isn't always best of breed to me. As gas fails, replacing with battery. My favorite is DeWalt for power tools, push mower, weedeater. Next is Kobalt for blower and hedge trimmer. Toro ZTR gas being phased out, as we're landscaping our grass away. Same for gas edger, phasing out smooth edges with ground cover, more natural look. Chainsaw will always be a gas husky!

I have some GreenWorks 80V yard stuff. A 21" self propelled mower, handheld leaf blower, and a weed eater/string trimmer.

The mower is awesome, it is amazing how much noise plays apart in mowing being a beat down. The quiet mower actually makes it way more pleasant than I thought it would. The leaf blower is almost too powerful for a handheld unit when you push the TURBO button lol. The string trimmer is great but the ergonomics could be better. Overall I am pleased with going electric this year. The governor on my Husqvarna AWD mower went out and it actually required the engine to be town way down to fix it. I gave it to a friend and bought the electric mower. So far so good.

The battery cost is substantial for the 80V stuff, but they have an 8 year warranty since I bought them at Costco.

I bought EGO brand 56 volt 7.5 amp/hour battery powered mower probably 7 or 8 years ago. I always stored it by folding the handle over and standing it on end the way it's intended. After about 4 seasons, the self propel quit working. I think it may be a broken wire from folding and unfolding the handle. So I took it to my parents to use for trimming and bought a new improved one. I also bought an EGO string trimmer, leaf blower, and chainsaw. All the batteries interchange even though they are different sizes. My 7.5 amp hour mower battery will run for about 45 minutes. Sometimes I finish my lawn, sometimes I don't but then I just pop in one of the 5.0 amp/hour batteries to finish. All 4 tools were upgraded versions but not the most expensive.
It sure is nice to not have to keep gas and oil on hand. No pulling on ropes to start. Just pull the trigger and they start right up. Beside running quieter, I don't get any heat or gas fumes blowing off of them. And the battery on my 7 or 8 year old mower still works fine. The charger actually conditions the battery over winter when it isn't being used.
I worked along side a neighbor with his gas powered chainsaw clearing some fallen trees a couple years ago. My 5.0 battery lasted all day because it wasn't constantly running. I felt sorry for the neighbor having to restart his every time he picked it up.

Not totally yard related, but ANY battery power stuff I ALWAYS look at Ridgid 1st. Lifetime warranty. For battery stuff it's a nobrainer.

Update, the attachments fit correctly and work great.

-
Back