Gas Tank on California Car?

-

damnimcooltom

Too Cool For School
Reaction score
So, I traded my 67 Dart convertible for a 71 Demon 340 this weekend. I didn't pay close enough attention on the strap placement for tying it down to the trailer, and one of the straps wore a hole in the gas tank.

The car isn't here, so I can't look at it, so I thought I'd ask you guys if anyone knew about the tank. It's a California car, so it has the weird looking metal tube coming up next to the filler tube in the trunk. Some of you will know what I mean, I'm sure.

Anyway, I'm not sure how that tube attaches or anything, and I was wondering if anyone has ever disassembled one, and knows if it's just a standard tank, or if the tank vent or whatever it is makes it so I need to get a special tank, or get this one repaired.

Thanks.

Im not 100% sure, but it sounds like the same as in my 69 cuda, canadian car. But I think the filler neck has clamps on it that hold the steel vent line. Kinda similar to how the clamps on your rearend that hold you brake lines. The vent line just goes into the tank with the filler tube. Should be a gasket/grommet inside the trunk that the tubes go thru and into the tank. Good luck. Like I said I am not 100% sure.

My 68 Cuda and my 70 Dart California car has this tube you are speaking of that runs along side of the filler tube. I do not think there is a "special" California fuel tank for these cars, they are all the same...

I agree with 4spdragtop. Sounds about right.

-James

You might need a tank with 4 vent tubes, they are about $140 to $200, my 71 demon 340 has the tube with 4 vent lines, not a cali car.

-
Back