gasket matching ???

-

dirty white boy

50 yr old Juvenal delinquent
Reaction score
when gasket matching magnum heads to a LA strip dominator intake what gasket do i use to match by??? felpro 1213S3's???

Last edited:
I’m surprised you are not getting any feedback. Frankly, I have to say it wouLd be the gasket you plan to use to put an La manifold on a magnum head.

I’m surprised you are not getting any feedback. Frankly, I have to say it wouLd be the gasket you plan to use to put an La manifold on a magnum head.
i agree,..just ant sure witch one thats gonna be, guess ill buy both and make a judgement call my self....DWB

i agree,..just ant sure witch one thats gonna be, guess ill buy both and make a judgement call my self....DWB
Okay, I’m kinda slow to understand some questions. I hope you get the answer. Maybe do a search in the magnum swap forum.

My 2cents since i'm a complete novice when it comes to Magnum heads. I think i would find the tightest gasket for the intake manifold ports and then just massage the head ports to that. I'm assuming the heads have stock ports and weren't hogged out at some point.

when gasket matching magnum heads to a LA strip dominator intake what gasket do i use to match by??? felpro 1213S3's???
You have to be very careful when trying to gasket match factory Magnum cast iron heads to any gasket. The pushrod punch is close to the intake port opening and the metal is fairly thin at the top of the port. If you try grinding too much you will go right through to the pushrod side.
I am not sure how much is really gained in this type of gasket match anyway, since the pushrod pinch is right there. It makes the larger intake manifold port open up further just to abruptly neck down again in the head at that pinch.

If it were me, I would make sure the intake port opening is not bigger than head opening, so there is not a wall the air hits, and then spend my time in the bowl area where the real gains are on a Magnum head.

You have to be very careful when trying to gasket match factory Magnum cast iron heads to any gasket. The pushrod punch is close to the intake port opening and the metal is fairly thin at the top of the port. If you try grinding too much you will go right through to the pushrod side.
I am not sure how much is really gained in this type of gasket match anyway, since the pushrod pinch is right there. It makes the larger intake manifold port open up further just to abruptly neck down again in the head at that pinch.

If it were me, I would make sure the intake port opening is not bigger than head opening, so there is not a wall the air hits, and then spend my time in the bowl area where the real gains are on a Magnum head.
thanks for sharing!! got the magnum mopar templates for the bowls!!

Here is a completely stock original Magnum casting from Chrysler with an Edelbrock 7276 LA gasket. It is the only gasket I have available right now. The head is upside down in this picture because of how it sits to take the picture.
IMG_7754.jpeg

-
Back