gasser look for a 73 Dart Sport

-

Mopar318Guy

bear jew
Reaction score
im working on how to go about this. my first thoughts were turn the torsion bars all the way up and get shackles for the rear and new shocks. maybe new brackets and shackles to get it higher. new shocks up front would help too i spose. i want the rear end to be pretty well up there. and the front too. my headers dont clear anything near the ground. their about 3 inches off on flat ground. i want at least 7 inches between them and the ground. dont ask me why. i think it would be pretty badass. retro. w/e. if you have any input on how you would do it please, speak up. heres my starting point.
10-19-08_16451.jpg

and heres what im tryin to do. somewhat. but higher up.
90296597_1.jpg

Fas0608114501-1-001.jpg

1972-plymouth-duster-1.jpg

77ce_1.jpg

thats just badass
Arlen_Vanke_Duster.jpg
. this too. but im tryin to build a gasser retro badass machine. HELP!!!

i am gathering the parts together to put a 1937 plymouth straight axle in my 73 scamp i have a 440 with a tunnel ram going in it and a dana 60 ill post pics as soon as i get it started i have the straight axle and rearend and motor but i need to find leaf springs and aftermarket spindles for disc brakes then its off and runnin

mopar318guy: You can turn the torsion bars up about 90%. Then install a set of air shocks in the rear. This should pump you straight up. Remember to get the front end re-aligned. Hope this helps.

I think your missing the point of a true gasser look. Your just going for the Jacked up look. IMO, A gasser tribute car should have a straight, or dropped straight axle#1. Blower sticking through hood, or Fuelie velocity tubes, maybe highrise dualquad intake with hilborn scoop.#2 Rear fenders/quarters, rounded cut for slicks sticking beyond. Seen 32/40`s Willys, now thats gasser material. But a Duster with all these features, would look wicked too. check my gallery, tell me If that Wayfarer would`nt make, cool gasser material:-D what ever you do`s cool by me

what if i got too far with the torsion bars, how do i know when im at 90%??

Just don't turn the bolts in all the way. In other words, turn them in until they bottom out, then back each one off 1 to 1 1/2 turns. Front end will be up there for sure. Alignment will be tough. Probably only get it close. Hope this helps.

-
Back