Gasser/straight-axle conversion?

-

don-vee

Reaction score
Anyone on here ever do a straight axle front end on an A-body? I've only seen a couple here and there. I'm thinking about going this route with my 67 Barracuda, just to have something different. I have only seen 66 and earlier cars with this done. Pics would be awesome.

A 67 barracuda with a stright axle would be cool, the reason you dont really see them is because if you are going for period correct stright axles were on there way out by the end of 66 and the Pro stock, Super stock wars were starting. Thefunnycarfarm.com shows you how to put a stright axle in any car and makes it look easy. The video is worth buying.

Sum' *****! That is one badass ride in the makin'! I'd love to see more pics. What axle did you use? I know it's not period-correct, I just think a drilled axle under my fish would be terrifying, and my buddy who runs a Falcon gasser says, as long as the geometry is correct, they're no hairier at speed than a stock suspension. Thanks for the info!

yah they have seen alot of 64-65 darts done.
thats what i was gonna do on my 65 dart.
Its a cool style but if you wanna be period correct you need to go like 66 and earleier but its cool either way

I used the speedway motors kit with the ford spindles so the bolt pattern matches Big bolt mopar. I also had to use a GM signaw steering box. If anyone wants to see build pic's send me your E-mail I can send you the build pic's.

There is a 67 in the cars for sale section known as mister X,I spied a straight axle under it.

There is a 67 in the cars for sale section known as mister X,I spied a straight axle under it.
Found it. Oh my lord, that is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Tell me that don't look absolutely killer on there! I'm so jealous now.

My friend was checking out that car when I had it up on my computer, he keeps bugging me to sell my Barracuda to him, so I told him to go buy Mister X. So I think he wants to. Now it's my turn to be jealous of him.

-
Back