gathering parts 4th over ?

-

kensdodge1

Reaction score
so if im building this dart its gotta have a 4speed my dad has a 4th over 4speed has anyone used one in there car the engine is gonna be a 360 with compression around 10:1 and a pretty good size isky cam . tranny isnt permanent use it till i find a good a833

yes its the od trans it seems to to get just as much bad as it does good from what i hear the one i have has a cast iron case which apparently is the better of the 2 units im just wonderin if i should let her go and just find a regular a833 . im not a real big hurry but if i find a deal im gonna scoop it up . which is the case with OD trans free is free
my concern is the spread between 1st and second obviously its not a drag race tranny. but hows it gonna sound leavin a light ?

I don't know the exact ratio steps of the gears in my cast iron 833-OD. My 440 is rather stout and rear axle is 3.91, Hayes competition clutch and p. plate and stock 11" flywheel. In my street-driven 69 Barracuda, first gear is not really even needed except starting out on a VERY steep incline. As far as the sound leaving a light.. it's not really an issue for me.. maybe the guy trailing 5 car lengths behind me cares, but I do love the sound of only 2000 rpm on the freeway! The OD version of the "Rock-Crusher" 833, is a tad weaker than the standard 4-speed due to a slightly smaller internal shaft but still a very "beefy" trans. Unless you are "side-slipping" the clutch pedal, (ala Ronnie Sox), it should hold up fine behind a 360. Go for it!

ok cudanut ya convinced me ill run it thanks for the insight didnt think anyone was gonna chime in on this lol

-
Back