Gauges on a budget

-

player1up

Reaction score
Guys/Gals take a look at:

www.dolphingauges.com

full 5 gauge setup for less than $200 as apposed to the autometer ones from summit for $200 for just a speedo.

not very many styles but still awesome price.

Thanks. Now I just need to get the rest of the car ready for the gauges.

yeah same here .. still doing body work.....8 months now. I just sold my truck so now time for new toys. :)

reverse lookup on the phone number says Bunnell FL.

I guess no different than buying sheetmetal from taiwan :)

They look decent enough, like they say on their website about doing away with the logo, that would be a good idea. If I had to have dolphins on my gauges I guess I would need unicorns on something else, LOL.

Chuck

ill stick with my Autometers :D The price is cheap, looks...kinda cheap though :/

last3.jpg

last3.jpg

last3.jpg

ill stick with my Autometers :D The price is cheap, looks...kinda cheap though :/

They look absolutely fine. :thumbup:

I think he talkin' about the "Dolphin Gauges" :icon_smi:

I'd be very leery. I did a lot of research on gauges before I purchased the Auto Meter set I put in my truck. The AM electronic gauges offer a trip meter, odometer, and are fully programmable, so there's no runing around trying to find the speedo gear (it still has to drive the electronic pickup) that's "close enough" for your gear ratio and tire size. Plus if i change gearing or tire size, All I have to is push a button, drive two measured miles and push the button again and I'm good to go.

If you have no problem with the speedo gear change, you can get a AM mechanical speedo for about $100, which is cheaper than their electronic speedo and you get a known quality part with a warranty, service and customer support. Do these guys even service these gauges? Their website is pretty dang sparse on info. Even though they are based in FL, they may be just a shipper.

Just my opinion.

P1010913.JPG

c'mon who thinks the 1970's gauges look classy or sporty or nice?

guys don't get me wrong, I know there is a lot better stuff out there, but I was looking for "better than stock" for not an arm and leg. I'm going to try them out, but then again I have a habit of doing unconventional things.

I'll post the pics in 5 years when I'm done.... :lol:

-
Back