gear oil

-
Wow. Old thread. Lol. For the record I ended up using pennzoil synchromesh. Imo that stuff was awesome. And I will continue to use that in the future.

To gunmetal72 in Calgary;
Fugetabowd 140 in Canada.That stuff is like tar in winter and you will need a towtruck to move your car.And the rear tires will not turn, yes,even in neutral.
IMHO straight ATF does not offer enough protection for the cluster-pin.
I have run 50/50 for probably going on a quarter million miles. I have never replaced a cluster-pin.50/50 is not the fastest shifting, but I have modded my tranny to work with it.If you have a 3+1 O/D you are screwed for fast shifting, unless you ditch that hippo oem flywheel for something a lot lighter, in which case you will need 3.55s or better, unless you don't mind sounding like a mustang when taking off.You know; rev it up and slippppppp it out.OOps sorry; I meant fully-loaded grain-truck.lol

Last edited:
To gunmetal72 in Calgary;
Fugetabowd 140 in Canada.That stuff is like tar in winter and you will need a towtruck to move your car.And the rear tires will not turn, yes,even in neutral.
IMHO straight ATF does not offer enough protection for the cluster-pin.
I have run 50/50 for probably going on a quarter million miles. I have never replaced a cluster-pin.50/50 is not the fastest shifting, but I have modded my tranny to work with it.If you have a 3+1 O/D you are screwed for fast shifting, unless you ditch that hippo oem flywheel for something a lot lighter, in which case you will need 3.55s or better, unless you don't mind sounding like a mustang when taking off.You know; rev it up and slippppppp it out.OOps sorry; I meant fully-loaded grain-truck.lol
The car gets parked in winter and it will never see cold weather. I do cruise to car shows and around town in the summer so because it only gets driven in warm weather, I am not to worried about having a little thicker oil.

-
Back