Gear slips into neutral

-

CLAY72dart

Reaction score
New post to my questionable transmission / steering parts question.

This is my issue it actually got into 3rd gear once not in the video but after that it just kept sliding out into neutral.
Very inexperienced think it’s not getting enough pressure to make the switch/ stay in gear. You can hear it switch when it at a lower power but once I try to give it enough gas to accelerate in that gear it slips into neutral.

Steering parts needed??

Well, if you had taped the phone to the transmission in the beginning then we would have already known that.

Are you driving it with the steering coupler like that??? If so, you've got bigger nuts that I do. You may want to get that fixed. It's missing the shoes/spring and the pin should be midway into the coupler body, not out towards the end like that (there's a spec in the FSM - I think it's like 13/16" from the tiny hole in the shaft to the top of the coupler body?).

1669823755652.png

Are you driving it with the steering coupler like that??? If so, you've got bigger nuts that I do. You may want to get that fixed. It's missing the shoes/spring and the pin should be midway into the coupler body, not out towards the end like that (there's a spec in the FSM - I think it's like 13/16" from the tiny hole in the shaft to the top of the coupler body?).

View attachment 1716016949
I drove it like that for 6 months just fixed that problem made driving fast fun.

Okay I’m back after a few months got lost in the navy’s work. So will a rebuilt fix this problem? And the hard into reverse thing is now a problem. If it only needs a rebuild is this something I could do?@CudaFactHackJob wish I would’ve noticed it earlier.

-
Back