gears for duster 8.25 help

-

Mopar2

Reaction score
I am wanting to find a 3.73 or equivelent for my 8.25 axle on 72 duster, which was donated from a 73 duster. I am only able to find 3.55 or 3.90's. Any thoughts on where to find them at? Also do ALL chrysler 8.25 ring & pinion swap out with each other or is there a certain carrier like a 8.75 does?

thanks

The ring/pinions will swap out. I have 3.55's from an Jeep cherokee in my 70s 8.25 + a trac-lok diff from a jeep of some year.

You just gotta watch out because the later carriers had a different spline for the axles.

www.ringpinion.com has 3.73s for these axles if you want to buy new. Not sure if you'll find a factory application though.

You could look into a 8.8 swap and get a limited slip rear for about the same money or cheaper. I got a 3.73 limited slip 8.8 in my car for about $300 and love it

would like to find them for less than $300 ! Anyone got any suggestions? thanks again

Chrysler never made 3.73,s , that i no of , unless they are made through the aftermarket , and still i do not think so , cannot see being any advantage 3.55 to 3.73 though. It would just be work for nothing.

-
Back