Gen3 hemi builds

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running them in their race cars and wouldn't mind sharing some builds.

Wanting to do a stock stroke, stock bottom end early 5.7 with early 5.7 heads in my 3400lb a-body to run in a heads up class here looking to go high 10's on 93 octane pump gas. Just trying to get some ideas of how to get it done

i would like to check out combos like that too.are you still going to run your 360?great looking car btw,$$$ wheelssorry for the double post junk computer .

i would like to check out combos like that too.are you still going to run your 360?great looking car btw,$$$ wheels.:glasses7:

thanks for the compliments! The 360 is apart right now as I had to fix some stuff, so im thinking of possibly selling the shortblock and heads and going 5.7. Just have to see if I can have enough from selling my current stuff to offset the cost of the new hemi stuff.

thanks for the compliments! The 360 is apart right now as I had to fix some stuff, so im thinking of possibly selling the shortblock and heads and going 5.7. Just have to see if I can have enough from selling my current stuff to offset the cost of the new hemi stuff.
yeah i read your thread over on the bullet ,valve dropped,anyway you going carb?did you see bes engines 5.7 build?700 hp

yeah i read your thread over on the bullet ,valve dropped,anyway you going carb?did you see bes engines 5.7 build?700 hp

Carb all the way for me...never been a fan of fuelie, not to mention its more expensive and imo more of a hassle to tune. I heard about their buildup, killer power, definitely a ton more then I plan on making. I am class limited for some things with the hemi, so I can't go all out...just wanting to see if anyone else is running these on here and would be so kind to share some info

Carb all the way for me...never been a fan of fuelie, not to mention its more expensive and imo more of a hassle to tune. I heard about their buildup, killer power, definitely a ton more then I plan on making. I am class limited for some things with the hemi, so I can't go all out...just wanting to see if anyone else is running these on here and would be so kind to share some info
they are supposed to be easier to tune,but i'm with you tuning a holley is way easier and cheaper.got me curious now what would you run a 1050?you still need an ecu for sparkright?that would be the biggest expense iould think

they are supposed to be easier to tune,but i'm with you tuning a holley is way easier and cheaper.got me curious now what would you run a 1050?you still need an ecu for sparkright?that would be the biggest expense iould think

Im class limited to a 750cfm carb. I would be using the MSD hemi 6 box..its about $470 at summit, and then the wiring harness as well, but it powers the coils and you tune the timing curve right from the box via laptop. check it out

well just my two cents you can buy a complete 5.7 or 6.1 gen 3 Hemi with every thing including the pedal. you may have to change the oil pan to clear the k frame. use a remote oil filter set up and i think they make adaptor pads for motor mounts. from what i have read the 6.1 has a stronger block.

You might want to PM Rat Patrol here. He just ordered a 6.1, including teh MSD stuff and I think there was a question regarding the 5.7 and 6.1 ingnitions. I don't think he's going your ETs, but it might be worth it. He's also familiar with pricing as it had to go to Australia...

You might want to PM Rat Patrol here. He just ordered a 6.1, including teh MSD stuff and I think there was a question regarding the 5.7 and 6.1 ingnitions. I don't think he's going your ETs, but it might be worth it. He's also familiar with pricing as it had to go to Australia...
Also you could talk to member swifter as he has a 5.7 that was stock stroke untill last year in which he has it stroked now, but my guess is he would be full of good info on going to a carbed 5.7.

I have spoken with one of the TOP builders in the industry of these motors, and I am sure I can hit my goals...He has given me a ton of info about this stuff. Just wanted to see if anyone else is getting it done with one of these Gen3 swaps.

I would only consider the MSD ignition and nothing else. From what I have read it works quite well, and I refuse to go fuel injection lol

Look at what goes into those drag pak engines. That MM/Ritter intake is $600+ and is pretty much the best thing out there. I'd call Mike at Muscle Motors and see what his recommendations are. Find a set of Eagle or Apache heads and go from there.

-
Back