General Kinetics cam catalog??

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
I have an old LA General Kinetics can and I'm looking to see if someone has a catalog that could give me the specs. on it?

A6H 300R is what the numbers seem to be on it. I'm sure of the H 300R but question the A6 part of it.

Thank You!

The correct interpretation on the part number is AGH 300R. I do know that much, but that's all I know.

Now, I would ASSUME 300 degrees advertised duration and the R means roller. Is it a roller cam?

I thought it was a hydraulic lifter cam when I had it in a 340 in the 70's
it had a pretty lumpy idle for back then and ran pretty good when I used to street race it.

I thought it was a hydraulic lifter cam when I had it in a 340 in the 70's
it had a pretty lumpy idle for back then and ran pretty good when I used to street race it.

Can you post a picture?

I can not get a good picture of the numbers with my camera, but double checking it is truly: A6H 300R

Attachments

• CAM 013.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 421
I had a GK cam in my 340 back in the 90's. It was 300 adv duration, 243@50 and 507 lift. 110 lobe centers. This was a hydraulic cam. This might be the same one you have. Don't remember the number on it.

Fred B

I am tellin you, the "6" is a G. I KNOW that is a fact. I am somewhat familiar with their part numbers and AGH is a General Kinetics prefix.

From the pics, it's certainly not a roller.

I had a GK cam in my 340 back in the 90's. It was 300 adv duration, 243@50 and 507 lift. 110 lobe centers. This was a hydraulic cam. This might be the same one you have. Don't remember the number on it.

Fred B

Do remember how the idle was on it and did you like it?
I'm thinking of reusing it again in another 340 with new lifters.

RRR, It could be a AGH, maybe someone with an old catalog could look up an AGH 300R

RRR, It could be a AGH, maybe someone with an old catalog could look up an AGH 300R

It is. I promise. I bet it is a damn good grind too. I am jealous. Harold Brookshire (RIP) cut his teeth designing those cams so you can bet it's top notch and probably on par with most everything out there today if it's one of his, which I am sure it probably is. I bet it's a stick full of badassary.

Alright......don't crucify me. I am just trying to help.

Lunati bought GK out years ago. That said, I went on the Lunati site and looked around. Here is a Chevy grind I bet is REAL close to yours.

http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2941&gid=339

300 advertised duration. I just bet that's about the same as what you have......of course taking into consideration the difference in valve events for the .903 lifter. Other than that, I bet they are right on top of each other.

It's also got a # 1196 stamped on the rear of it also and a nice pretty General Kinetics logo stamped as well.

I've had the car and engine since 1976, though the block got cracked from me being an idiot!

I think you should keep those Chevy specs. They have to be damned close. Close enough that I would trust them to build the rest of the car around. Keep that in mind if you use that cam. I bet it will be a strong one.

I think you should keep those Chevy specs. They have to be damned close. Close enough that I would trust them to build the rest of the car around. Keep that in mind if you use that cam. I bet it will be a strong one.

Thank You I will keep them!
I should mock up a motor and try to see what it specs. out at. I've been looking in all my junk to find some old 340 rods I thought I had so that I can get the 340 I have sitting around with a spun rod bearing back up and running. I think I can just polish the crank and mick it as it was not run but for a short time and shut off and torn apart. Then get some new rings, bearings, lifters and spring rated for that cam along with the 4:10 gear set put back into the Dart and go have fun.

The idle was rough but that's how I like it. It ran good. Would run 12.7'[email protected].

Fred B

-
Back