General kinetics cam

-

/6Duster

Reaction score
I found this new camshaft in a old box and cannot find any specific information on it
A6H-276-P General Kinetics
I'm looking for duration and lift specs
Planing to put into a 360 la block and top block off with magnum heads with only 17000 klm on them !
Any thoughts or comet greatly apreciated

If it;s a real old one, it's probably a dang good grind. Harold Brookshire (RIP) used to work for them. Nuff said.

General Kinetics cams= C.=Chevrolet
M= Mechanical
H= Hydraulic
1= Small block
2= Big block
284= Advertised Intake duration with 1.5 rocker
a-z letter suffix= modification of original design. More exh dur., changed centerline, changed exh pattern, etc. EXCEPT the "R" series of "Redline" cams. These were the "White box" mass produced street cams that you can still buy under a dozen different brand names

I looked on the end of camshaft today was surprised not to find any stamping marks !
Did take a pic of the box

Attachments

• 20151118_114017-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 417
How bout a picture of the camshaft?

Here is a pic of cam still looking for more information
Thanks for the lead of Scottie but have not had a response from him yet

Attachments

• 20151122_171353.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 160
This is what he gave me for specs. on my A 6 300H cam for my LA cam

No problem, sold them for years. It's for a small block Mopar, I guess you knew that. It's 300° duration, .507 lift.110° centerline, .000 valve lash since it's a hydraulic.G/K always said anything over .486 valve lift needed adjustable push rods or rocker arms to function properly. Their application chart says bracket racing with headers, 4 barrel and at least .390 gears. Hope this helps Thanks Scotty

- scottys_speed

I guess eBay is having a server problem so I can't get a picture of the spec page to you at this time.My kids could not make it work either , kept coming up server error so I'll type it out for you. It says spring number 951; Installed ht 1.850, Install pressure 135#, pressure @ 1.750 175#, pressure at 1.500 260#, pressure at 1.250 355#, coil bind ht 1.050, outside diameter 1.450. I have a set of springs in an old GK kit, I'll look and see if they are 951's , if they are I'll let you know and list them on eBay. I'll keep trying to send you a copy of the spring spec sheet. Thanks Scotty

- scottys_speed

This past year I ran 513 on 1/8. 410 on 1/4
360 with a 340 stock grind cam and la heads
Looking at this cam and using Magnum heads for next season

-
Back