general motors talks to buy chrysler corp

-

jamesmcclain340

Reaction score
it will truly be a sad day when you tell me my darts and barracudas are now officially GM products. i will also boycott mopar muscle magazine if they include GM's in their magazine like they did the AMX's i will burn the first issue that has a camero on the cover and mail the ashes back to them and tell them to put them where the sun doesn't shine. and in case you don't know i'm a loyal mopar fanatic! :wack:

I was just reading that on MSN. If GM wants Chrysler they obviously think it is an asset. I just hope GM doesn't kill the performance part of Chrysler like they did with Buick and the Grand Nationals. I was a diehard Buick GS guy until chevy pressured GM into killing Buick's performance program. Chevy couldn't stand a Buick being faster than their flagship Corvette. It's the reason I am a Mopar guy now. I see de ja vu all over again.

here it is
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17186447/

Chuck

jamesmcclain340 said:
it will truly be a sad day when you tell me my darts and barracudas are now officially GM products. i will also boycott mopar muscle magazine if they include GM's in their magazine like they did the AMX's i will burn the first issue that has a camero on the cover and mail the ashes back to them and tell them to put them where the sun doesn't shine. and in case you don't know i'm a loyal mopar fanatic! :wack:

Your Darts and Barracudas will never be GM products no matter what happens. Corporate ownership is not retroactive. It would be a sad day though. I doubt it would ever happen. GM is trying to downsize to save their own butt now.

i thought gm was going bankrupt but now they are possible gonna buy Chrysler....:| i agree (but doubt it will happen) i see a camaro on mopar muscle mag. Im gonna burn it :angry4: :banghead:

I read that same article from MSNBC. I'm not sure how much water I put in the article. The article talks more about the joint venture to develop a large SUV platform for Chrysler. Of which I don't understand, was it not the focus on large SUVs that almost sank both GM and Ford?

I think I would rather a partnership with Nissan/Renault than a GM buy out. My confidence and pride in Dodge and Chrysler would definately disappear the moment I saw a GM badge on any Chrysler product. I think SRT would disappear, along with any innovation in performance platforms. As many bonehead moves Chrysler has made in the past, my loyalty never waivered. This move would be unforgivable.

I can't decide if I'm goning to be sick or want to cry.

Not sure how "realistic" those talks were since GM is losing money year over year. Even if it were to happen (HUUUGE "IF") Mopar is still Mopar and GM is still GM. I doubt there will ever be Camaros in Mopar Muscle and Challengers in Super Chevy. Editors running those publications should be smarter than that.

When it comes to magazines it is the almighty buck not smarts that tells what is in the magazines.

Chuck

GM has no money to buy Chrysler, german people want to sell Chrysler, they need money for their european factories...
Ford has 13.000.000.000 dollars down, they have to lay out people more than Chrysler (Chrysler lay out 13000 peoples)...

What the hell is wrong about those car manufactories?

Well, japanes and korean are done over twelve years hard work, lowering they car prices, making cheaper cars and less quality, marketing they cars for every people and they had succeed...

When Daimler bought Chrysler in '98 i thought nothing good was there, german was really happy, they got their fingers one of the best going car company at the time, now days they ruined that also like they ruined mercedes wholesale in a america...

I think if those daimler guys sells Chrysler back to the Chrysler's leaders who'm they lay out, Crhysler would be only one car company (which it was before daimler bought it) whic is really make a profit...

OK, that's my two cents or should i say euros, as long as live in europe...

I Don't think we have anything to worry about. Chrysler-dodge hasn't done anything exciting in years imo, My greatest hope for them was, is, the new challenger in 2008. I don't know how that will play into the merger but, If that challenger has a chevy logo on it then they will have to just push it off a cliff! As far as the car I have now. It will always only be a dodge! That really sucks if this materializes.

Oh, i forgot, Chrysler had the most innovation planning team before daimler bought it, now days those old daimler engineers are way lost what they should do, marketing department are also in german hands, how the hell german engineer know what the people in America want's?

Thrashard340 said:
I doubt there will ever be Camaros in Mopar Muscle and Challengers in Super Chevy. Editors running those publications should be smarter than that.

I agree with Thrashard340, you don't see Chevy's in High Performance Pontiac. Mopar Muscle and Super Chevy are dedicated enthusiast magazines, they wouldn't put the other brand on their pages.

That is if the sale happens, which I'm praying real hard it doesn't. I hope this is a lot of over reaction on a slow news day.

Here is my opinion; Merging with Damiler was a huge mistake, I didnt like the thought of an American car being produced in Germany. Just doesnt make sense.

GM buying out Chrysler would be the end of both. GM would probably be idiotic and have their board members and their designers and such and the Chryslers guys would be assistants whos opinions werent listened too.

Magazine wise, I wouldnt burn a Mopar magazine if it had a Chevy on it. But they would be getting a continous run of letters from me b*t*hing about it until they stopped, so i hope they have alot of matches for my letters so they can burn. AMC, well they are just like everyone else. Mopar helped them, they helped us, Ford and Chevy helped each other, and so on and so forth, so they really dont need a place on our pages either.

I used to know a guy that had owned a 74 AMX, I think with a 401 & a four speed. Then he got some GM stuff. I remember in the early eighties he told me he would never buy a Chrysler product. He said he didn't think they were going to be around much longer. Almost 25 years later & they're still around, & he isn't. I have to admit that some of the things Chrysler has done don't thrill me, but I think they have been more innovative & daring in the products they offer than GM or Ford. I think the last daring thing Ford did was the original Taurus. I don't count the GT because I think that was a no brainer. It was sure to sell. Not sure when GM last took a chance. Maybe with the GTO but it was a miserable failure. Probably because it couldn't live up to the name. Chrysler has had the Viper, Prowler, Magnum, Charger (which I think is a bit lame, 4 doors?!?), Crossfire, & now the Challenger. They might not all be what we want, but at least Chrysler seems to be trying. I don't think GM has a clue what's going on. About all Ford has had recently is the new Mustang & I think the new Challenger is going to kick its' butt.

Think about this: If GM doesn't buy Chrysler (assuming Daimler wants to dump it), the Chinese will. Would you rather have a GM car or a Chinese one? But who really knows if any of this will actually happen.

What I could see is an eventual merger of GM, Ford and Chrysler which would form a kind of American Motors Corporation. Hmm, what comes around, goes around. ;)

so what your saying dave is no matter what happens to chrysler.. we are pretty much screw'd?.. atleast your honest.. but heck i dont think any of us would mind a new turbo charged hemi type R developed by the chinese that gets 40mpg..and look at all the litle cars they build.. a chinese developed hemi in a 500lbs car.. id buy one...

haha so i say let the bidding begin..

Screwed? No. We'll always have the old Mopars regardless of what happens to the Chrysler of the future.

This is a little bit off the topic but as I worked in China from 2003-2006 I saw many GM, Ford and Chrysler cars there. Ford and GM are both spending several billion each for new plants there. I suppose Chrysler is doing the same but never saw it in the news. I know they all want to get in on the action as China developes but dont be surprised when you see all three car companies shipping cars to the U.S. I rode in several of the GM vehicles and they look just like the ones in the US inside and out except for the Speedometers (kilometers) and the Shanghai GM emblem on the back. No chinese symbols of any sort on them so could easily be shipped to the states. Volkswagon is doing the same thing with the Passat. I have bought nothing but American cars for the last 30 years but will not be so faithful when they stop coming from N. America. I believe many parts of the US cars are already being produced in China.

-
Back