General question about parts...

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently come across an original owner 1965 Barracuda that has been sitting in a garage for at least the last ten years but most probably longer. I don't know the current condition of the car, whether or not it ran when parked, engine, options, whatever. In fact, I have never even seen it. I know the owner and he has recently started dropping hints about getting rid of the car. My question is this: How easy or difficult is it to locate parts for these cars? I noticed that Year One starts their Chrysler catalog at 1966. If anybody could provide me with some information so I can make an informed decision on whether to go after this car I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

You've already found the right place....FABO! Someone here will either have the parts you need or will tell you where to find them. Your life will definately change for the better if you become an a-body owner :cheers: Just do it!

I do have to say that I have been impressed checking the other posts on FABO. I figure any issue that comes up will have already been faced and overcome by somebody else on here. I have already overcome my first actual issue with this car, and I don't even own it yet. My wife has given me her permission to get it. In fact, she's actually as excited as I am about it. I don't know what I did to deserve a wife that loves old cars as much as I do. I think I'll keep her. Anyway, thanks for the reply, and I'm sure I'll be on here more when I do get my Barracuda.

BTW: As soon as I do get a chance to look at the car I'll see about taking some pics and posting them here to see what you all think. Thanks again.

Lets see...The wife says yes, the original owner is hinting to you that he wants to sell, and you haven't gone to get it yet??? GO MAN GO!!! What are you waiting for??? You can find most anything that little gem needs right here, and I'll bet it's a little better off than you think. My advise is simple...Go get that car!!!! Oh, and report back asap!!! And welcome to FABO by the way, you came to the right place!!! Geof

Believe you me, if it were up to me, that car would be in my driveway right now. I just found out this evening that the car still runs. The guy that owns it starts it periodically to keep everything working. The problem is that this guy has owned this car since it was new. 45 years. There is a certain amount of sentimental attachment involved. I don't want to pressure the guy so much that he backs off. I told him that we would move at his pace. I really WANT this car so I am going to give him all the time that he needs. I will keep you all updated.

I had another question, but I think it belongs in a different forum and I couldn't figure out how to delete a post once I submitted it. Sorry.

If the wife is on ok with it your half way there. lol. Good luck on closing the deal.

-
Back