Generator

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
I have a non mopar question, hope you all dont mind. I have a Honda generator model EG 2500X i bought before I left Alaska, I know its an older model model but the price was good. It ran great the first few months I had it, I would start it every so often to keep it lubed. Before I left Alaska I was running it and it started puking and running like crap. I couldnt keep it running without oily crap spitting out the exhaust. Ok, So I figured Id mess with it when I got settled in Missouri. Today I went to the shop and looked in the fuel bowl figured it was crapped up inside, nope very clean. So I checked the oil and it started running out the diptube, very thin like. I smelled it and sure enough it was all thinned out from gasoline. As much gas as could fit in there had somehow got in there, which is why it was over flowing....Im no mechanic, any thoughts on what failed??.. Thanks, DAN

Sounds like the float is gummed up stuck needle. Excess gas dumps in cyl.
Past rings mixes with oil. Pull the carb and clean it.

Try to keep ethanol gas out of it. I run ethanol free gas in my lawn mower, weed eater, blower, etc...

Another thing to keep in mind with the above. The fuel on that is gravity fed with a very light pressure on the needle and seat when the carb is full. If you transport it without turning off the gas valve at the tank it will flood the engine from the bouncing. Every little bounce pops the needle off the seat and allows more fuel in the carb and then in to the crankcase.

-
Back