Get involved or not?

Get involved?

• Yep

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
-
I tell you, I do feel for your situation. You can not just sit idle with the hope nothing really happens but you also can not be Superman to everyone in need also. We went through this years ago with my wife's sister. Amazes me that my wife and her sister were actually raised together, 2 completly different outlooks on life.

Anyways, I offered her sister to come live with us for a while, we lived about an hour and half away. One of the conditions was no contact with him, at all. He had threatened my wife in terms of she better not get involved "or else" kind of line and I told him I will bury him without a thought, he apologized to my wife and never spoke to her again. Ended up she never came to stay with us but my wife did alert child services. Nothing came of it and thankfully he ended up doing about 8 months in prison for drug possession/dealing. In that time she grew strong enough that it was officially over, she finally wasn't going to go back to how it was. I really think they have to decide that on their own and by you offering to help her if she gets to that point is about all you can do.

I tell you, I do feel for your situation. You can not just sit idle with the hope nothing really happens but you also can not be Superman to everyone in need also. We went through this years ago with my wife's sister. Amazes me that my wife and her sister were actually raised together, 2 completly different outlooks on life.

Anyways, I offered her sister to come live with us for a while, we lived about an hour and half away. One of the conditions was no contact with him, at all. He had threatened my wife in terms of she better not get involved "or else" kind of line and I told him I will bury him without a thought, he apologized to my wife and never spoke to her again. Ended up she never came to stay with us but my wife did alert child services. Nothing came of it and thankfully he ended up doing about 8 months in prison for drug possession/dealing. In that time she grew strong enough that it was officially over, she finally wasn't going to go back to how it was. I really think they have to decide that on their own and by you offering to help her if she gets to that point is about all you can do.

Very true...and the very reason we have decided not to get physically involved. When my wife stopped by there place on Friday she was not home. Ernestina called her today to see if she wanted to go to town with her tomorrow so they can talk. Hopefully she does not back out...

Wife just got home from spending the day with her. Neighbor said that his behavior has gotten so bad as of late that his hunting buddies of close to thirty years have stopped going hunting with him....She said that next time she is alone she will call the numbers that we gave her to see if they can help her.....

-
Back