Getting Duster reasy for paint!

-
After some trouble with my air compressor i finally managed to get a couple coats of fresh primer layed on today!:-D
Gonna block it out one more time plus gotta do the door jambs and inside the trunk yet then it will be finally ready for paint!
I'm shooting for one to 2 weeks after Carlisle to have it painted!

001-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

006.jpg

What color and type of paint or you going to use ?

Sour Apple Green, i got it from Summit. It's probably not the best paint but it's just gonna be a driver, so far the primer has layed on real nice i'm hoping the paint comes out just as good!

Quick update, got the inside the trunk primed gonna try and get the door jambs and the small parts done sometime this week.

002-5.jpg

EXCELLENT!!! I should have left my engine out when I decided I was going to repaint the car... ugh... Now i'm half-heartedly finishing up the body work..Keep us updated

Looking good, that is a great color, don't know about the paint, but they did a car with in one of the Hot Rod mag's and had good things to say about it. Make sure you lay down a guide coat before your final sanding, it will show you anything you missed. Better to find it now than after paint.

Looking good, that is a great color, don't know about the paint, but they did a car with in one of the Hot Rod mag's and had good things to say about it. Make sure you lay down a guide coat before your final sanding, it will show you anything you missed. Better to find it now than after paint.

The primer layed on pretty nice jut hope the paint does also! I did block it once but i noticed 2 very small spots that need attention yet!

Quick Update!
Finally got some time to block the body today found a couple small spots that needed attention,got all but 2 finished.
I should be able to finish them this week and re-primer next weekend then a final sand and FINALLY will be ready for paint!
I hoping 2-3 weeks for paint!:toothy10:

Lookin' good:thumblef: I know that there will always be that one spot you missed or didn't see until it's too late....even with tracer coat there is always some inperfection that you see after the fact, and if someone begs to differ, I shall call them GOD:prayer:...LOL:toothy10:

Ive got a nice ding in my trunk lid I didnt see till it was cleared. Oddly enough, I missed a ding on my bosses Nova when we painted that too.

Ive got a nice ding in my trunk lid I didnt see till it was cleared. Oddly enough, I missed a ding on my bosses Nova when we painted that too.

I had a couple small spots intially that i missed but i think i got them all now,gonna finish blocking tonight and possibly re-prime tomorrow night.

This is the eastwoods candy red on my 65 barracuda (my first time) I think it looks OK..

p1010003paint6.jpg

p1010006paint5.jpg

p1010008paint3.jpg

The 2nd and final block sanding! Hopefully reprimer this weekend and then sand it again with 400 grit and start laying some color, with a little luck next weekend!
006-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Fiberglass bumpers from AAR,needed just a little massaging.
003-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

-
Back