getting more Vac out of my carter AFB

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I was tunning my carter AFB for the motor just for brake in, then to the Holley, but I cant get the needle to move, is this because theres not enough advance or something? Just messing with the needles I couldent get any more vacuum out of the car

There should be two ports on the carb. One has vacume at idle the other has it off of idle. Sounds like you are hooked into the wrong port. Put your guage on the one with vacum at idle.

I hooked it to the one in the front near the 2 knobs and got between 5 and 10 around like 6-7 I should be getting around 10-15 max

Should you? What was the pressure altitude that day? That is, elevation corrected for barometric conditions. If your cam estimates 10-15" hg that would be at sea level on a standard day (59 deg, 29.92 in hg). Higher in altitude, warmer, and such will lower your reading.

I seriously doubt low vacuum would be the carb's fault. Either you have a leak, your gauge is wrong, or 6-7 is as good as it gets. You can play with advancing the timing and to get a higher number, but maybe you've tried that. When you set up your Holley, use the observed vacuum as a guide when choosing a power valve.

got it thanks, just installed the holley but I think the floats are off because as soon as I started it, it reved up so I shut it off now Its flooded and in the back theres 2 holes on both sides one has a little bit of gas coming out I believe

-
Back