getting new new hemi intake pushrods installed right

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
If you have removed rockers, you know that installing the exhaust side is not too bad, but you need about 3 pair of hands to get the @##$% intake side installed because of the angle the pushrods sit at. They will often not locate into the cup of the lifter and will instead sit on the bottom edge of the lifter and while they will move up and down, the valve will not close and may hit the piston if you don't have much clearance. Somebody makes an expensive plastic tool to held them in place while you tighten the rocker down, but I've found that cutting some pieces of thin cardboard and folding them between the rocker and the top of the valve will hold things in place while you tighten things down. I would strongly suggest that you leave the valve cover off and do a compression test to verify everything is in place before you go any further. Ask me how I know!!

20230810_131101[1].jpg

20230810_131114[1].jpg

Last edited:
Been there! I'd rather leave the intake off or take it off to make sure the push rods are seated properly

I bolt the rockers on and then rotated the engine a couple of times. Usually, if the pushrod isn't in the cup, it will pop out while doing this. It's saved me a bunch of work once already.

This was suggested by the Reignited YT guy.

No idea they could get off and not pop out though.

As stated above use assembly lube. I used Lucas because that what I found. It's sticky and helps hold the pushrod to the rocker arm. Make sure you rotate the engine by hand as you install each set of shafts. Not really that bad of a job.

-
Back