Getting ready to change wheels, what options do I have?

-

1mopar4life

Reaction score
I have a 74 Dart Sport that I have recently swapped over to disc brakes and larger wheel drums as well as the 4.5 on 5 lug pattern and it appears the back spacing on both the front and rear is incorrect. The rear tires arent too far in but the fronts are way to far out. You can see the entire caliper and disc from the front and when you turn. I have seen where quite a few people have put Mustang Bullit wheels on their A-Bodies, do they require any spacers or anything to run them? I seen some Centerline Lazer II wheels on a green older Dart on here that I do believe would be perfect in chrome. What other wheel options do I have? What is the correct back spacing to run them on my Dart? As much as I like the Cragar S/S wheels, I believe I want to get into the 21st century and run some 235 or wider tire both front and rear on some kind of 17in wheel that will clear and not rub anything. What setups are you guys running?

If run 8 wide in the front shoot for 5.25 to 5.4 bs. In the rear you might squeeze that same wheel in or need a spacer to clear the spring. 5.72 bs is a common Mustang 17x8 bs and requires spacers all the way around to work.

I have 17x8's on a 4.5 backspacing.

The fronts fit, but i needed to roll the inner fender lip. The rears are sucked in too far because from the factory they didnt put a wide enough axle in the back. So i picked up some spacers to fix the problem. They're not on yet, but will be next week or so.

I see, Im going to do my very best to run without spacers on whichever wheels I order. I am pretty stuck on the Lazer II by Centerline in chrome. They offer them in 4.5 and 5in back spacing. What back spacing do I need to look for in a wheel?

-
Back