Getting rid of power brakes

-

[email protected]

Reaction score
We are toying over getting rid of the power brakes on a 1970 duster.drum brakes on the front also the car has a 530 lift cam and was wondering if the master cylinder is the same with out the booster and can we just bolt that back up to the firewall without to much problems.

Ron in St louis

Ps or is it better to get a vacuum reserve canister?

I think the master for non power is differant then power units. With .530" lift you probably have so much duration that a vacume can isnt going to help. I tried one for a 440 with a 292-.504" lift isky cam and it didnt seem to make any differance.

Welcome to the forum.

I rememebr a Mopar action magazine on master cylinders and the bore diameter of the master is different from power to manual.

With that big cam if your going to make it run hard you should make it slow down better too. I cant imagine driveing drums all the way around. Drove a 67 Mustang with 4 wheel drums and manual at that..... Scarey is all I can say

Two solutions:1)install a vacumn pump of a disiel motor and use it to run the booster.2) Install a alumninum master and toss the booster and increase the pedal length by welding in a extension to increase leverage and pressure,Mrmopartech

-
Back