Getting started

-

FISHBREATH

Reaction score
This is a good idea. I will be doing just that to my '68 'Cuda and I want to get all the "nuts and bolts" of the operation figured out ahead of time. I have scoured some of the older posts throughout the site dealing with such a swap, but it might be helpful to get everything "under one roof."

To start, what have you guys used for engine mounts? How about cooling upgrades (I am thinking of an aluminum radiator with a 440, but what hoses do you use)? How about headers, starters, AC, power steering, etc.

It would probably be best to have separate threads with the various component discussions instead of tacking everything together; it would be easier to locate.

Thanks...I will be asking many questions.

here are some pics of the big block a body im building this winter

1 hry 440 duster 005.jpg

my 440+ duster 003 (Small).jpg

my 440+ duster 002 (Small).jpg

my 440+ duster 005.jpg

This is a good idea. I will be doing just that to my '68 'Cuda and I want to get all the "nuts and bolts" of the operation figured out ahead of time. I have scoured some of the older posts throughout the site dealing with such a swap, but it might be helpful to get everything "under one roof."

To start, what have you guys used for engine mounts? How about cooling upgrades (I am thinking of an aluminum radiator with a 440, but what hoses do you use)? How about headers, starters, AC, power steering, etc.

It would probably be best to have separate threads with the various component discussions instead of tacking everything together; it would be easier to locate.

Thanks...I will be asking many questions.

mounts : elephant ears(motor plate) or make it easy and use Schumacher mounts ($150) .

some guys run 318 radiators, some run $300 alum. They all seem to work if you have a good fan/pump.

headers: fenderwell are nice and easy . There are a few under chassis companies like TTI ( more $) .

power steering/ ac - i would research the headers on that one

Thanks, good info.

I like your blacked out grille.

-
Back